Friday, April 27, 2012

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

(wahee ahee ahhhhh...bwah bwah bwah...)

Writing prompt for HAWMC day 27: Make a list of the 5 most difficult parts of your health focus. Make another top 5 list for the little, good things (small victories) that keep you going.


Top 5 biggest challenges:
1) consistency - both me being consistent in my habits and the fact that physiology is just inconsistent too.
2) the baggage - i.e. stuff attached to you, stuff you have to carry with you ALL THE TIME. meh.
3) chronic anxiety - about pretty much any aspect you can think of. I pretty much will obsess about it
4) pacing myself - my body can't keep up with my drive sometimes
5) expectation management - mostly my own but also sometimes those of others


Top 5 small victories (but really, I think any victory is a big deal):
1) perseverance - every day that my bGs "flat-line" (and/or I exercise/get enough sleep/etc.) is a small victory
2) traveling the world - refusing to let physical challenges dictate my biggest dreams
3) keeping my sense of humor intact - not as hard for me as for some, but still an effort at times
4) learning how to take a nap - I thank Mr. Wonderful for teaching me it is okay to just lie down if I'm tired
5) starting this blog - having the courage to reveal some of my more vulnerable side



1 comment:

Awesome people speak up!