Saturday, April 21, 2012

Just pretend it's April 19th for a moment...

It has been virtually impossible to do my HAWMC posts while working at a conference overseas. Just hasn't worked out for me. So here's a whipped up #19 post and I'll be trying to catch up on the days in the next 24 hours.

5 Dinner Guests. Who are 5 people you'd love to have dinner with (living or deceased) and why?

1) Mary Magdelene - I'd ask Jesus, but he's usually busy :)  Anyway, I figure I can get more straight dope on what did and did not happen during the life of Jesus from her. And I'd like to hear her views on Jesus and his teachings since her voice has been lost, save for maybe some missing gospels that may or may not have been written by her.

2) Thomas Jefferson - taking off from the Jesus questions because I just learned about Jefferson's version of the bible where he cut out anything requiring miracles or magic to distill the writings about Jesus down to the principles of his teachings. Which Jefferson quite admired. And so do I. I probably would relate to the "Deist" point of view. Plus he did things his own way and often unconventional, so I'm sure the conversation would be brilliant fun.

3) First ladies - I guess I'd have to narrow it down to 1 or two, but I'd love to meet Eleanor Roosevelt, but I'd happily invite Hillary Clinton, and Michele Obama.   These women clearly had or have such passions and drive and accomplished so much (well, Michele is still on the steep curve I think, but I know she'll stand out in history.

4) Antoni Gaudi - I'm here in Barcelona and re-smitten by his work. The organic forms, the modernism that must have seemed outrageous in the late 1800s and very early 1900s.  I love love love the mosaic coverings, the railings cast from natural fronds and branches, the upside down chain model thingies he used to figure out a novel support construction. wow.

5) Gertrude Stein - She just seems like another person who did things her own way, a strong female voice, knew everyone, and I would love to hear what stories she has to tell. And maybe do a poetry reading too.

Okay, gotta run! Remember it's still the 19th - hahahaha!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Awesome people speak up!